Design Philosophy




The Hunting Leopard Golf Design philosophy is to create realistic fictional courses that are fun to play and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.  I've playing golf since I was young playing at Warwick Hills in Grand Blanc, Michigan.  That's the only real course I've added to the Golf Club series, although I did it before you could fill splines and haven't used Lidar data, so it's going to be redone someday.  Anyway, I 
used to draw golf courses on paper as a kid.  Then I would design courses on various games, starting with Accolade's Mean 18, then onto the Jack Nicklaus Accolade games, Sim Golf, then PGA series by SierraSports that EA bought out to make the TW series. I even dabbled in CustomPlay sports which never got off the ground.   Then in 2014 I started designed with the Golf Club series.  

Most of the courses I released on this blog started in the first Golf Club game, some in the second.  I have honed them into more reasonable and realistic courses over time.  I have added more amenities and eye candy as well.  

The actual courses I make have a theme I try to hold for the whole course.  Is it a hard, championship style course, an easy resort course, or simply about a waterfall or other natural environment I want to show.  Are the greens really hilly and fast or more tempered and inviting.  I like my courses to be walk-able if they were real.  I always like to mix the yardages up and have reachable par 5s and short par 4s and longer ones too.  I try to have all of my shots show the obstacles, so very few blind shots or hidden hazards.  

It's a fun hobby, and I appreciate people playing my courses and giving me feedback.